Friday, April 15, 2011

Board games

I like playing board games. I like the whole culture and strategy that goes into it. Wi, XBOX, kinect...nah they do not attract me. But board games, playing cards, call me anytime :)

It came all back with playing Battlestar Gallactica at office. Thanks to Maneesh for bringing the board game. I had no idea behind the series but i played the game and it was fun. After that, i have started watching the series and you know how it goes with me and series, once i get hooked, i am an addict. So i have finished two seasons of BSG in two weeks. A note on BSG series may be a subject of another blog post.

Then, i went to a meetup of board games two days ago. I ended up playing five different board games including - Castle lords, Nexus, Carcassone and Kill Dr. lucky. Carcassone, which i am sure i am spelling it wrong is one of the most popular games and i can see why. I liked Nexus and Kill Dr. lucky. Dr. lucky was a very interesting game.

The thing to note about board games is their whole conception process, how to make a board game interesting, not too difficult, interactive, design cards, the whole process, i have no idea about it but it sure looks very interesting. One more meetup and i will find myself owning some of those board games.

So far board gamers have been quite nice, they are always ready to explain rules to new-bees like me and are patient enough to understand the amateurish moves that we make. Like the spirit!!

No comments: