Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mihi Dana

Mihi Dana and Gulab jamun

Baba, O Baba
Come! Come here! Sit with me! Come inside!
How are you able to carry this sweet from so far away?
Are you not tempted to eat them yourself?
Don't you get tired of lifting this big bowl on your shoulders?

O Baba! Why are you laughing, Baba?
Do you know, I can eat all your mihi dana in one day.
But ma won't let me.
If you take me along, then you will not have to carry this load.
I will eat it all and it will again be light for you.


Baba! I have to tell you this.
Other than your Mihi Dana, I like your smile very much.
Baba, i have an idea - You should come at night.
That ways - you can avoid the Sun
and i can stay up till late.
It will be good for both of us.

Baba! Why don't you teach me how to make this?
You should teach me how to make Mihi Dana.
Then, we will go together, house to house selling Mihi Dana.
You can sell yours but i will eat mine.
Baba, why are there so many lines on your face?
Are you getting old?

O Baba! Why didn't you come last week?
I was sitting on my gate since morning, waiting for you.
Are you all right?
Baba, look, there is water in your eyes.
Ma, look, there is water in Baba's eyes.

No comments: