Saturday, May 2, 2009

Life in Mar 22 - May 1

May 1 is known as labour's day. So i am celebrating today as it is my day :)

So my life like a wife has started to complain to me - You dont spend time with me anymore.

miyan ghalib, is dard ki dawa kya hai? kahan hai?

I labored most of the time at work but it was fun. My life again interrupts me - Work , work, work - you do not think of anything else.

So to appease my life (read wife), here is else i have done -

Became a big big fan of Rabindra Nath Tagore especially his book crescent moon. If you are reading this and ever want to give a gift to me, do not search further. Nonetheless, it will in my collection in my next India trip. But the book is a must read. Still in awe. I have read about 60% and am not continuing it as i am still in awe. Great things take time to sink in.

Kabir - It began with Gautam mentioning Kabir film in Berkley. It hit me while listening to Pt. Kumar Gandharva singinig Kabir bhajans, went to its pinnancle when i bought the Kabir vani from beatofindia.com featuring Tipaniya sahab (who btw is performing in bay area on monday). Read one book on Kabir. The list now contains A weaver named kabir.

Watched Wrestler by Daron Arfonsky. Loved Marissa Tomei's performance ( no second meanings please). There is a scene when our wrestler is forced to take a blue collar job and on his first day at work, before he enters, we see him standing at the door and the music in background is of crowds cheering as if he is going to a fighting ring. Loved that scene!

Watched The scent of green papaya by Anh Hun Tian (who made vertical ray of Sun). There is a flavor in his movies which is very difficult to find elsewhere. Simple, fresh and moving.

Read couple of poems from The Kingdom of Ordinary time by Marie Howe. Good stuff.

Three Theban plays by Sophocles. One less thing to do in life now :)

Average/bad movies - Duplicity, 24 season 7, wolverine, doubt etc.

And yes, cleared DMV written test, filed taxes.

No comments: