Saturday, September 13, 2008

Shame

Shame on me,
Shame on us.
Here was a market, there was a bus.
History continues to repeat itself.
I sit in my room now
as i did the last time.
A young reporter asks a bystander,
what did you see?
what all did you see?
I saw four bodies stacked
one on another. Need more?


What did the reporter expect?
Has there been a time when it was different?
Some group claimed responsibility.
Some group is proud today.
Some people had their way.
And again we ask, why, how and who?
I bet that's all we can do.


One day, i can see it
I will be there, lying.
And then i will understand.
That's the only way i can understand.
Some people learn it the hard way.
Just that, it will be a touch late on that day.

Blame me, Blame us
I am the silent witness
I knew it all the first time.
That all lines from now will rhyme.
Yet, i kept it to myself.
Since then, History has repeated itself.

It is not an Arabian Phoenix tale.
No bird rises from this wail.
Lives today are put on sale.
Buy one get many free.
And i am on a shopping spree.
Shame on me, Shame on us.

No comments: