Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hey Alchemist! Answer this

We all have read the famous novel - Alchemist, by Paulo Cohelo. One of the biggest takeaway from that novel was that you should see omens around you, you should be able to read them and interpret them accordingly.

Now Mr. alchemist, i believe there is a serious contradiction between your ideology and "perseverance"

1. Suppose i call my parents and the phone line says - "All lines in this route are busy. Please try again later". I believe this is an omen telling me to not to call them now. May be it is telling me that they are busy now, or asleep at the moment. Or should i persevere more and dial it again?

2. This one is even better! My exams are tomorrow. Lots of things to study. I sit down on my table to being my preparation. I switch on my table lamp and it goes boom! The bulb fuses. So is this an omen telling me to not to study? Is it so? Or should i really focus and get all these distractions and get down to work?

3. I have my interview and i am getting ready, polishing my shoes and trying to get the tie knot right. I reach the station to catch the metro train that will lead straight to the interview place. But there is an announcement that all trains for today morning are canceled because of some technical problems. What does this mean? God doesn't want me to work at that company? That company is not good for me? Should i go back and sleep? Or should i look for an alternate mode of transport?

These are examples where the theory of watching omens fails. My suggestion to the alchemist: Come up with a complete list of omens possible and their clear cut interpretation. Else go to ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let your gut feeling do this for you. Paulo coelho may be busy with his next hopeless book.
I wonder why is he doing this to himself? Why can't he simply just stop writing.

-dukhi