Saturday, April 19, 2008

To Sir, with love - 2

Before sunrise: http://arvindbatra.blogspot.com/2008/04/to-sir-with-love.html

Before sunset:

Dear Arvind of the past,

Wishes from Arvind of the present. I know that as per the current scientific developments you can not read this letter but still i am writing in case someone invents a time machine or prove that time is just another dimension. I have every right to express myself.

I had no ambition to communicate with you but i saw your letter to Arvind of the future the other day and its repercussions that i couldn't help myself. Firstly, you were so wrong; i did not found your letter in drawer, a scanned copy of it was present on my desktop. So true to your nature, your distrust towards me is clear.

Anyways, i am writing this letter to respond to your letter to Arvind of the future. I apologize for going through its contents even though it was not addressed to me. In your letter, you talk about your sacrifices and claim credit for it. You claim that i will not remember you. Yes, i admit i have made every attempt to forget you from my mind. I have made also made arrangements so that Arvind of the future remains unaware of your existence. It is because of you that i am in such shabby state. It is because of your idealistic beliefs, idiotic views of a perfect world and theoretical concepts of simplistic future that have reduced me to where i am.

When i look at my past i see bad judgments, unwise decisions taken by you. If only you had chosen MBA line over MS i would be a manager, ordering others and making a lot more money as compared to now or ever. Had you not left that no-work-but-free-pay job, I would be enjoying pleasant days in my home country with family and friends. I suffer the pain inflicted by you and have made sincere attempts get over past mishaps.

And your foolishness fail to end. I have recently learnt that you had made bets in future involving me-Arvind of the present, and Arvind of the future. And if we lost, then we had to pay for the losses. What kind of a man were you? Its hard to believe that i come from you. If only you had spared some thought for us, we would have asked God to bless you with eternal life.

So don't you think for an instant that you can write a letter, taunt me and claim fame for yourself. I have been imposed with a double burden - one to remedy your ill-doings and second to ensure that Arvind of the future does not need to suffer.

Adios,
Arvind of the present

No comments: