Saturday, March 15, 2008

Foreign language songs

Lost in translation
Directed by Sophie Copolla
Song : Kaze Wo Atsumete. (Collect the wind)
Band: Happy End
Lyrics: (This is translated version of lyrics borrowed from : http://charmless.wordpress.com/2007/11/28/kaze-wo-atsumete-happy-end-mp3/

As I was walking down a towering alley
In the outskirts of the city
I saw beyond the blotched fog
A streetcar still sluggish from sleep
Crossing over the sea

That’s why I want to gather the wind (under my wings)
Gather the wind (under my wings)
And run across the blue sky.
As I passed through a beautiful sunrise
I saw beyond the empty-looking breakwater
A city with its day-colored sails up
Moored in the port
That’s why I want to gather the wind (under my wings)
Gather the wind (under my wings)
And run across the blue sky
When I was killing time one morning
At an empty coffee shop
I saw through the cracked glass
The rustling of the high-rises’ silken clothes
Brushing on the sidewalk

The song sings about how the beautiful landscape of Tokyo has been lost by the rapid economic growth of Japan.




From the movie: Respiro
Respiro literally means "Respite" or "Breath". Good movie. Watched a good non-hollywood flick after a long time. It is about a woman who is living on an Italian island and has dared to do things different from usual norms and hence is typecasted as mentally ill by the locals. But a one line description is no way close to thousands of stories. My best part is the showcasing of the coarsen plain near beach ... in a way it gels with the movie...sub-consciously makes me feel coarse/agitated.
Song: La Bambola
Artist: Patty Pravo
Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA

No comments: