Thursday, February 14, 2008

Kimya Dawson

Well for the last 15 days or so i have been blessed by the magic of Kimya Dawson.
It all began with the movie Juno. Juno is a good movie, nice story, good acting, direction but what makes it special is its treatment and how music defines it. Its music is given by Kimya Dawson.
The dictionary meaning of chirpy is : Characterized by liveliness and light-heartedness.
Chirpy defines the genre of Kimya Dawson, chirpy lyrics, chirpy voice and ofcourse the music.
To give you just a flavour:

Song: Tire Swing
I took the Polaroid down in my room,
I'm pretty sure you have a new girlfriend.
It's not as if I don't like you,
It just makes me sad whenever I see it.
Cause I like to be gone most of the time,
And you like to be home most of the time.
If I stay in one place I lose my mind.
I'm a pretty impossible lady to be with.

Joey never met a bike that he didn't want to ride,
And I never met a Toby that I didn't like.
Scotty liked all of the books that I recommended,
Even if he didn't I wouldn't be offended.

I had a dream that had to drive to Madison
To deliver a painting for some silly reason.
I took a wrong turn and ended up in Michigan.
Paul Baribeau took me to the giant tire swing.
Gave me a push and he started singing
I sang along while I was swinging.
The sound of our voices made us forget everything
That had ever hurt our feelings.

Song: Anyone else but you
You're a part time lover and a full time friend
The monkey on you're back is the latest trend
I don't see what anyone can see, in anyone else
But you

Song: Loose lips
We won't stop until somebody calls the cops,
And even then we'll start again and just Pretend that
Nothing ever happened.
we're just dancing, we're just hugging,
singing, screaming, kissing, tugging
on the sleeve of how it used to be

Song: So nice, So smart
you're so nice and you're so smart
you're such a good friend i hafta break your heart
tell you that i love you then i'll tear your world apart
just pretend i didn't tear your world apart

Her website is : http://www.kimyadawson.com/
Wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimya_Dawson
Imeem playlist: http://profile.imeem.com/nhxxUiG/playlist/PZkFx0BZ/kimya_dawson_music_playlist/

No comments: